Thursday 18 November 2010

More Collage!



From the smaller collages, I wanted to try a few different approaches.
Firstly, I wanted to go bigger and also I wanted to incorporate the duller and muted colours into the collaging as I thought the colours could play off one another, add ing more depth within the pieces themselves..
I began to simply pile the strips of paint on top of one another.
Each piece placed in a systematic layering approach (up-down-left-right)
I used a system in order to place the pieces, controlling certain elements, adding to their structure. I Used PVA glue to stick them all together.
The result gives off a kind of 'patch work quilting' affect.
Im not overly sure about these results, but personally I like to play and explore my different possibilities so I can move on with something better!


Close up of layered collage.





Larger scale layered collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment